Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Earring-A-Day 3: "Earrings"

Wednesday is office supply day, and so I spent my lunch break yesterday working on today's pair. I wanted them to be simple but not obvious, so I decided to use paper clips but transform them.
 

Quote earrings! Or, "Earrings."

I actually went through a few different positionings of the quotes themselves, but had issues with the placement of the loop, getting them balanced and looking at all decent. If this failed I would've worn plain ol' paper clips on hooks but I was finally successful.

They're not perfect, but everything I say today will be tinged with sarcasm. Look, I can even make fun of Day 1's earrings:


Sour cherry flavored soda? More like "sour" "cherry" flavored "soda." Burn!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh I like these so much! You can put your face in quotes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ally Thanks! I wish they weren't just wire outlines though, not sure how noticeable they were when I was actually wearing them. If I put up a how-to I'll have an extra pair I can send you.

    ReplyDelete