Tuesday, August 30, 2011

The Bread Project Week 10: Basic Hearth Bread

I told a million people I was going to make pita bread, or maybe english muffins, or maybe etc etc etc. The weekend ended up being insanely busy. I enjoyed myself a lot, but unfortunately bigas fell by the wayside. I ended up settled on...

The Recipe: Basic Hearth Bread from The Bread Bible

I picked it since the recipe called for a sponge (like a biga, but wetter) sit out for 4 hours, giving me time to do laundry and go to the gym. I also hoped it would be a nice compromise, flavor wise, between a straight bread and having to wait another three days to make something.

The Result:


There was probably a bit too much flour in my dough but I didn't mind, as it wasn't scary wet while kneading. It turned out fine and probably had the best crust I've made. Next time if/when I make this bread I'll do a freeform loaf or rolls.

No comments:

Post a Comment