Monday, August 1, 2011

The Bread Project Week 6: Learning Loaf

So yes, that title is correct. I waited until week 6 to do the recipe designed for beginners. Such is the power of blind enthusiasm.

The recipe: Learning Loaf from The Wooden Spoon Bread Book by Marylin Moore

I rather liked this recipe. It came together fairly easily, and with the loaf pan I bought for (beer bread) it was great for sandwiches- though a little soft. The amount of dough is very manageable, and it gave me a better feeling for kneading than my first attempt. The book also contains a brief summary of the ingredients that can go into bread, and a little of how they can effect the final product, which helps me learn. My goal now is to find a book that goes into greater detail about the whole process.

Anyway- after following the great instructions, my final result:


It probably over-rose in the pan a bit (there definitely was a lot of yeast in the recipe...), and I was incredibly lazy applying that egg wash (the weird shiny bit on top...), but I'm very proud. Go me!

No comments:

Post a Comment