Friday, August 5, 2011

Earring-A-Day 5: Sailor Jerry Earrings

Friday is Upcycle Day, where I take something that would otherwise be trash and turn it into earrings. Today's are created from a Sailor Jerry promotional cup I may or may not have taken from a bar. It would've been thrown out at the bar- I wanted to save it!- but on the way home it got cracked in my bag. The cup had already been turned into earrings by the time I took pictures, but here's another one I just *ahem* happened to have:




Side One




Side Two

I originally thought the idea for this would be too simple to turn out well- cut out a few stars and other shapes, drill then link them together- but the results were actually really nice. The only additional step was to sand the edges a bit, as my scissors left them a little rough. It was easy enough that after drilling at home I sanded and assembled them at the bar.


Here's a better view (though less classy with flash):


They're nice and graphic without being obvious. And really, they didn't use much of the cup- I was able to get a second pair out of it with little trouble:


I'm not sure I'll ever wear these though- I've found wearing earrings with a visible name/logo implies I'm madly in love with whatever product it is. And though Sailor Jerry and I have had some good times, I'm not sure I love it that much.

No comments:

Post a Comment