Friday, August 12, 2011

Earring-a-Day 12: Wine Cork Earrings

Wine Corks are on the upper end of the trash spectrum, but I managed to leave work with both my iPod charging and my earrings supplies sitting in a drawer so yeah, it's good I got anything done haha.


Yes, that The Dread Pirate Rabbit in the background.

These are Pepperwood Grove corks- they have a decent but cheap Cab Sauvignon. I don't drink wine a ton, but when I do I want to be attacked by pepper and leather or drink, you know, a Reisling or something. Because those two flavors are so similar haha.

Anyway, I'm a big fan of the cork design- very mod and cool. My plan was originally to put head pins all the way through for support, but I couldn't get them to go through straight. So instead I just put a loop on the end of a bit of wire and stuck it in the top. It seems to be holding alright, but I'm not going to do a lot of walking or chair stacking with these on just in case. Once I get home I'll put some glue on to keep everything in place.

*Updated 8/13 to replace photo

No comments:

Post a Comment