Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Earring-A-Day 2.5: Boxing Slide Update

Originally I'd planned on finishing my earrings the night before, so I had time to document and get the post ready for a scheduled publishing in the AM. May have to change that up a bit.

While nice and simple (took only me about a half hour), the original design ended up having a few problems. The slides were perpendicular to my face, meaning they'd catch the wind and flutter around as I walked. Fun fact: the corners of slides are stiffer and sharper than you'd think. Exacerbating everything was how light they were, making them flutter around even more. Thankfully I'd brought my supplies with me to work, and I was able to make a few adjustments.


I twisted the top bracket loop so they would lie against my face instead of poking it. I also added a lower bracket so give the earring a bit of weight. They still flutter around a bit, but they're much more wearable than before. If I had more standard jewelry supplies I'd attach a bead or something to that bottom loop to stabilize it even more. Maybe I'll get around to it eventually.

No comments:

Post a Comment