Sunday, August 7, 2011

Earring-A-Day 7: Button Studs

Sunday came on a little to fast, and I feel like I copped out a little on these studs. I never make them so I was at a loss for what to do. Then yesterday D and I went out shopping and two things happened:

1) The greeter at the store said (re: my matchbooks) "Your earrings are pretty! I mean, unique. They're cool." Haha.

2) I noticed the studs they had there were fairly boring.

So I don't feel too bad about today's earrings: buttons I picked out from a random bag of buttons I'd gotten at a church rummage sale.


These were as easy enough as attaching the buttons to the backings with super glue. Sadly the glue I had was a little dried- kind of gummy- so it was hard to get a thin layer. Hence the glue gunk in one of the button holes. But they're nice.

I have a few more creative ideas for studs assuming I can find the materials. For now I'll just leave you with a shot of the backs.

No comments:

Post a Comment