Saturday, August 6, 2011

Earring-A-Day 6: Matchbook Earrings

Todays are easy ones, as I knew I wouldn't have much time to finagle with earrings after work. They're matchbooks from a nice bar/restaurant I went to after Etsy Labs on Monday.


I honestly can't tell you if most of their food is good, but they've got a deal where you get a bacon cheeseburger and a beer (they even had a Captain Lawrence on tap) for $10, which isn't bad.

Construction is super easy, just drilled a hole and bent some wire through to attach the hooks. Originally I just drilled close to the edge and thought I'd use a jump ring, but I figured it could break through so I did another hole on the other side of the staple. Then I got all artsy this morning with the macro setting on my camera. This was supposed to be a closeup of the hook attachment, not sure if it's in focus though.


Best part about these? Full of matches. Though at this point they're kind of heavy so hopefully someone needs something set on fire soon before my ears get tired.


Happy with how these turned out, but let's see how they hold up today.

No comments:

Post a Comment