Friday, August 19, 2011

Earring-A-Day 19: Earbuds

I have a hard time throwing some things away. Eventually old electronics will get tossed, but for example I held on to the innards of a rotary phone for far longer than is sane. I don't know anything about wiring, what was I going to do with it? Still not sure. Did eventually throw it out, after doing something awesome with the dial I'll have to post about soon.

Today's use up three sets of busted earbuds that have been sitting in my desk drawer. There may be another pair floating around, but I wasn't able to find them:


I was originally going to just do the Apple ones, and have a single pair long enough for me to actually put in my ears, but I liked the way the three together looked.

I threaded each of the wires through the loop, then used jump rings to cinch and secure the wires. I still may make them tighter just so I know they'll stay put, but overall I'm so happy. Especially since they're not in my drawers anymore! Well...I still have the jack ends. Maybe I'll make a matching bracelet. Or throw them out- you know, eventually.

No comments:

Post a Comment