Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Earring-A-Day 17: Paper Stars

Today's earrings came out of a whole ton of fail. I had two different ideas before this- one featured plastic that was incredibly uncooperative, the other was too simple. And soon as I'd basically finished that second one a new strategy came to mind that I liked a ton better but was impossible given what I'd already done. Sorry about the vagueness, if I can work out the issues they will be featured the next two Wednesdays of the month.

Yes, it's office supply day! Today's are simple but cute:

 
Yes, those are the paper stars you probably made in elementary school. Thing is- I didn't learn until last week. Truly I had a deprived childhood.

After creating the stars with paper strips I used a sharp embroidery needle to create holes for my headpins to go through. Then it was just a matter of creating loops at the top and attaching earring hooks.

This is my first experience with paper earrings, and I'm happy the weather today is supposed to be nice. For added protection I may coat these in some outdoor mod podge I happen to have, we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment