Monday, January 23, 2012

TBP: Le Pain Quotidien Recipes

I didn't mention it when I posted about my Le Pain Quotidien Bread class, but we got a little packet to bring home that had a few recipes (two, actually- white and whole wheat) and other bread basics in it. I'd held onto it but hadn't made anything because they were both weight-based and I didn't own a kitchen scale.

Well I got one for xmas! So last weekend a went a bit crazy making bread. I was pleased to find the white bread recipe was as perfect as it was in class- the lovely tacky but not sticky consistency I strive for but hardly ever achieve. We'd used the basic white bread for pizza dough in class- and as D and I didn't have much for supper in the fridge, that's what I did again here:


A little bit of mozz, homemade tomato sauce, spinach and eggs. It's a shame one of the yolks broke. So so tasty.

The whole wheat bread didn't come together quite as well at first- but I let it hang out in the fridge for a few days and used my Le Creuset when I baked it and...well...just look:


So pretty!

I wish I'd remembered to score the bread- and though the bottom was a bit dark it could've stood to cook a little longer. Still, very very delicious. Will definitely be using these recipes again.

No comments:

Post a Comment