Friday, October 28, 2011

TBP Week...???: Le Pain Quotidien Bread Class

It's been a very long time since I posted, I'm aware. Life got in the way a bit of bread, and although there were some loaves I did make and just never got around to taking pictures of and posting, there were a lot of weeks I just didn't have the time. Hopefully things will settle down so I can get back on track.

One thing that should hopefully help was a wonderful (wonderful!) bread class I took at Le Pain Quotidien. It was the Bread Basics class, and you can sign up for that and a few more here.

Yes, you read that right: Bread Basics. No, I didn't learn a ton I didn't know already. The main things were shaping (which I never really paid attention to) and the reminder that making bread isn't terribly hard. Also we stuffed bread with chocolate and nuts and other delicious things, which I now will have to try. But it was three hours of bread with a professional fancy oven, and we had to take home everything we made. And some people didn't take home their share so I got extra.

Here were the spoils:

baguette two ways

rolls stuffed with chocolate and butter, whole wheat bread with walnuts and apple

Not pictured: the pizza we made in class and ate for dinner. Also the pizza dough we made to take home. Also how happy I was.

Very highly recommended. And apparently they have classes in LA now!

No comments:

Post a Comment