Monday, November 14, 2011

Corduroy and Plaid Clutch

Were you aware that the most corduroy-y Corduroy Day was last Friday? In celebration I finally got around to making a new clutch, as my last one finally died- or at least, the pull came off the zipper and it was getting a bit dingy. I still used it for a month or so despite the hassle, as I always run my bags into the ground.

I used some corduroy I had left from my corduroy tie, as well as some plaid I bought ages ago with a project in mind that never came to fruition.


The lining is that same plaid.


I usually don't take the time to cut things on the bias, but for the plaid it makes the whole thing look so spiffy. Will have to try it with a few other plaids I've been saving.

The pattern is once again based off Noodlehead's gathered clutch tutorial, though I was too lazy to create the gathered front, as well as unsure it would work with this fabric anyhow. Per usual the zipper tabs ended up wonky, though I think less wonky than the first time. I think I finally understand what the directions say, so the third try may actually get the desired result.

And as the project came together so quickly I think I may make an extra to give to a friend. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment