Saturday, September 11, 2010

Yellow & Gray Part II

It's been over a month since the wedding I spoke of in my last post. August was such an incredibly long month.


Anyway, the bag and necklace turned out pretty well. My sewing machine was acting wonky so I took the opportunity to go to Church of Craft's monthly meeting at Etsy Labs. Incredibly awesome space, very nice people. If anyone attended I was the girl sitting off to the side not talking to anyone- sorry! Really had to focus on finishing my project. Next time I'll be better.

Perfect size to hold what I needed!

As I wasn't home with access to the internet I basically winged the construction (it's Noodlehead's Gathered Clutch Tutorial) and paid a little for it. My zipper was too long, and the lining ended up a little bunchy somehow. But I still like it, and it's nice to have a little bag I can just grab when I run out for errands or whatever.

Can you spot the place I messed up?

The necklace was finished the night before, and it was nice but the area around the closure was messy. I think if I had longer hair things would've looked cleaner haha. And although I didn't get any "those are awesome!" comments at the wedding, I'm kind of proud I didn't get any "you made that- right?"s.

Action shot with vodka and cranberry. Yum.

An "I'm with Coco" bracelet is appropriate wedding attire, right?

Up next (hopefully soon, tho D and I are going out of town this weekend so who knows) a few little refashionings....well, one refashion and a rehemming....that I made on my birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment