Thursday, November 5, 2009

Espresso Cookies - Attempt 3

If you are unaware of my epic saga to create Espresso flavored cookies, please see this post. My third attempt followed nearly the same recipe Attempt 2 used with two distinct differences:

1) Instead of a tablespoon I put in 1/4 cup of instant espresso powder, which was mixed in with the dry ingredients instead of melted into the butter.

2) In lieu of chocolate chunks or chips, I used a mix of dark and milk chocolate covered coffee beans.

Verdict:
The espresso powder made the cookies even puffier and dryer than Attempt 2 without adding much in the way of flavor. The chocolate covered coffee beans were a definite plus- despite the boyfriend's comment that if he didn't know better, the texture would make him think I'd put a bunch of eggshells in the batter.

Attempt 4 will revert back to a tablespoon of espresso powder (melted into the butter), and just add a ton more coffee beans. Either that or I may just give up and move onto chocolate Guinness cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment