Thursday, July 8, 2010

Tabasco Bottle Earrings Christmas Tree Ornaments

My boyfriend is fairly obsessed with Popeye's Chicken. Don't get me wrong, it's tasty and all, but I've been slowly trying to move us away from fast food. A few months ago, however, I saw a commercial for their Wicked Chicken. It featured a tiny bottle of Tabasco sauce. I knew I had to have it. They're heavy, but decided to turn them into earrings.

Materials:
- 2 tiny Tabasco bottles
- Jump rings
- Earring hooks
- Super Glue

Tools:
- Power drill with 1/16" drill bit
- Scrap Wood
- Pliers

Empty the bottles, wash and dry them well. Take the caps off the bottles and drill two holes fairly close together. There were small names imprinted onto my caps, and I tried to drill above and below them. Be sure to drill on scrap wood, so you don't destroy a nice table.

Once that's done, bend the jump rings to fit through the holes, and connect a few on to create a chain. Attach the earring hooks to the end. To prevent these from coming undone, glue the top to the bottle. It'd be best to make sure they're facing the right way first, though.

These are seriously too heavy to wear, unless you have robot ears. They're very cute though, and I guess they can be used as Christmas tree ornaments?

No comments:

Post a Comment