Monday, June 13, 2011

Velociraptors and Other Time Killers

Embroidery is my new go to craft. I guess it's not that surprising: it's cheap, versatile and not too hard to learn the basics. While I'd love to do more sewing, especially at Etsy Craft Nights with their lovely new sewing machines, it's so much easier to transport my embroidery supplies on the subway. This is literally (literally!) the case I used to make friendship bracelets back in the day. AND most of the time I don't even need that. Lovely.

My most recent project isn't complete, but it's reached the stage where I just can't find the motivation. The only thing left was lettering around the outside, which I'd had trouble tracing from the original. Honestly, the logo is lovely enough:


Also in the semi-unfinished pile is this, your friendly neighborhood velociraptor:


It may actually be done, I'm just not sure about the hands. Once I finish a few other things kicking around my mindgrapes, I have plans to do a bizarre series of these. Let's see if I ever get around to it though...

No comments:

Post a Comment