Sunday, October 17, 2010

PJ Shorts

I'd been dying to make PJs since I found some cheap Bart Simpson flannel for $1.50/yd at Joann's a while back. All the tutorials I'd seen had you using a pair that fit you well. Only problem...don't really have a pair like that haha. So I was super excited when I saw  this tutortial by Liesl Made. Really simple and amazing.

I probably should've started with my cheap flannel, but I'd come across a clearance body pillow cover at Target a while back and just had to do something with it. Best fabric ever. I basically followed Liesl's tutorial, though I added a bit on the edges to make them a bit bigger. It was my first attempt at french seams and they are just amazing. So neat and professional looking.


They still ended up a bit tight, but they're still super comfy and wearable. Favorite part? I kept the tag from the original body pillow cover to use in the shorts. Win:


On the second attempt (made while wearing the first attempt...also finally using that Bart Simpson fabric) I added even more...and they ended up a little big haha. Again, wearable and awesome, but I'm not 100% satisfied. I'm going in the middle of those two attempts next time in the hopes of getting it just right.


Boots, as always, being helpful haha. She also kept stealing my chair whenever I got up to iron.

Next I'm planning on making some long pjs with these lovely fabrics:


And for the record, yes, I did buy that owl fabric because it was the most ridiculous flannel I could find. Also it reminded me of these lovely headbands that I would buy in a heartbeat if I could figure out how to wear one successfully.

No comments:

Post a Comment