Saturday, October 30, 2010

Crafty Books

Ok, getting away from my List of Things a bit here but this is exciting. Not really. But cool enough. Craft books! These were hanging out at the library book sale last weekend:


For $2 a piece I figured they were nice just to have around. They're both from the '70s and in really good shape.

I've had a few weird, video-game based toy ideas floating in my brain for a while, and I figure I could adapt some of the animals here once I get the construction basics down. I'm especially in love with these guys:



The March Hare from Alice in Wonderland- which I'd probably make look slightly less crazy.


Not sure I'm really digging raccoons but I love that it's tweed. There are cute elephants and a squirrel I have my eye on. Just need to buy some polyfill.

As for the needlepoint book- my sister has been doing embroidery for a bit and I'm loving her results. So first I'll probably see if she wants it- if not, I'm planning on learning and would love to try some of the designs. Some are fairly epic.


And some are just ridiculous.

No comments:

Post a Comment