Friday, January 25, 2013

Dinosaur Earrings!!

Last year my mom gifted me a bag of dinosaur party favors. There were six kinds, I'm still not sure what breeds (not the right word) they are. But they're light enough for earrings and just generally amazing, so it really doesn't matter.

One week last October I made a point to make a new pair every day, using my standard drill/headpin/hook method. They all kind of tie for favorite- here are the Stegis:


I've included the rest after the jump, as well as a handy link as to where to buy your own. Maybe later I'll post a how to- but as long as you have a power drill you can probably just guess and be right :)

Brontosauruses (though those don't technically exist, right? I haven't kept up on my dinosaurs)- least happy with how they're hung, the chains make them swing around a lot. Though I felt just going straight to a hook from the back wouldn't look right either. Hm.


Hadrosaurs - Lied before, these are my favorite. The color is gorgeous.


I think these are Dilophosaurses (i.e. from Jurassic Park), but I can't be sure.


Triceratops!


No clue what these fellas are:


Best part: my sister found a bigger set of these exact same ones (plus 6 more varieties) on amazon! They are mine, living in my box of earring supplies.

Worst part: as popular as these are when I wear them around, there are already a few Etsy sellers with these exact figures up as earrings. Oh well. Maybe I'll do a craft fair :)

No comments:

Post a Comment