Sunday, December 28, 2008

Earring Frame

I have a jewelry box, but my dangly earrings always got tangled up, and the bottle cap ones I made (expect another post one of these days) would come apart. I borrowed this idea from another site, and with a few tweaks made it even better.

This frame displays your earrings like art, and is much better than digging through drawers to find what you need. It probably costs more than an earring tree (do those exist?), but is unique enough that it's worth it.

Materials*
- Picture Frame
- Spray Paint (optional)
- Wire Mesh


Tools

- Staple Gun
- Staples
- Scissors

I acquired my frame from a craft store- but a better place to look would be a thrift store. Sadly all the good frames at the Red, White and Blue had art (or "art") in them and weren't worth the price tag.

The rest of the materials and tools can be found at craft stores or hardware stores. Pick the style and colors that fit the look you're going for. I like shiny things, so I went with gold spray paint and silver mesh.

Paint your frame (front and back), and once it's dry cut out a piece of mesh slightly larger than the hole in the frame. Where you staple really depends on the frame, but try and put the mesh as far forward as you can to leave room for the earring backs.

Hang it up using your preferred method- command adhesive, picture hanging kit, or my favorite: random nails.

Enjoy!


*It took me about 5 minutes to remember this word. It's so sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment