Monday, July 11, 2011

The Bread Project Week 3: No-Knead Garlic Bread

D and I went to his sister's for a combined Mother's/Father's Day dinner. I figured it would be a good opportunity to share the bread instead of eating it all myself, ruining my whole weight loss project. It's the (not so) hidden danger of baking bread every week.

Recipe: Macheesmo's Roasted Garlic No-Knead Bread

Changes: Using all white bread flour, since D isn't a fan of whole wheat. Also, after the two hour post-shaping rise I split the dough into four pieces for smaller (faster cooking) rolls and let them rise for a half hour while the oven preheated.

Result:


At first I thought it was once again too moist but after half a roll I realized the interior was surprisingly close to a favorite garlic bread of mine: Wegman's Tuscan. The other three came up to Albany with us and were enjoyed as part of the dinner. You'll definitely be seeing this recipe again, and soon. It's well worth the extra forethought and time to roast the garlic.

No comments:

Post a Comment